Security in-charge of Dhyan Chand Stadium arrested
- Patidar protest: Hardik Patel-led PAAS calls off 'reverse Dandi march'
- At least 80 dead in gas cylinder explosion in Jhabua, Madhya Pradesh
- Not passed any order on meat ban, only an appeal to slaughterhouses: Haryana govt
- India demolish temporary hut built by China near LAC in Ladakh
- HP: Two foreigners dead, several injured as Kalka-Shimla toy train derails
The security in-charge of the capital's Major Dhyan Chand Stadium has been arrested for abusing Hockey India officials and for obstructing their work in an inebriated state after the conclusion of the Hero Hockey World League Round 2 last night.
The security in-charge of Dhayan Chand Stadium, also know as National Stadium, Sanhsar Pawar was detained at the Tilak Marg police station last night after HI filed an FIR against him.
Pawar, an employee of private security firm Security Seluth, however was released on bail today after he was produced in front of Special Executive Magistrate, Rai Singh Khatri.
"Pawar is a serial offender. He is always drunk during duty hours. Last night, he created a big ruckus when he refused to allow heavy vehicles carrying equipments used during the Hockey World League to leave the stadium premises without bribing him money or alcohol," a HI source said.
"He also abused many top officials of HI in inebriated state when they tried to talk to him," he said.
"It is a serious issue as Dhayan Chand Stadium is a historic venue which has hosted many international hockey tournaments. We will take up the matter with Sports Authority of India as the Dhyan Chand stadium is their property and it is SAI who has given contract to this security firm," he added.