Security lapses during Rahul's Amethi visit, alleges Congress
The Congress Wednesday charged the Uttar Pradesh government with providing inadequate security to its vice-president Rahul Gandhi during his day-long visit to his parliamentary constituency Amethi yesterday.
There were several security lapses during Gandhi's Amethi visit, Uttar Pradesh Congress spokesman Maroof Khan said in a statement here.
"Rahul Gandhi is an SPG protectee and in the programme attended by him and Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge there were several security lapses.
"Security force personnel on duty did not have required equipment. His security cordon was also breached by people," Khan said.
"This shows the laxity and apathy on part of the state government," he said. On the other hand, during BJP's rallies at Kanpur, Jhansi, Bahraich and Agra, all necessary security arrangements were made for their leaders, Khan said.
The Congress vice-president inaugurated trains and laid the foundation of a new rail line during his visit to Amethi.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’