Security stepped up at clubs and pubs
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
The gangrape in the national Capital has created a scare among women in the city. As they go for a night out and merry-making during the festive season, the thought of returning home safely constantly haunts them.
Keeping this in mind, the First Brew House, Corinthians Club, NIBM, has tied up with Party Hard Drivers (PHD), a Mumbai-based driver service company, to ensure the safety of their patrons.
"As we are basically a brewery, we focus on the issue of our patrons being too drunk to go home alone. We trust PHD employees and are sure that they will ensure our guests reach home safely. Even if a girl needs to be dropped home, she can book a driver to take her home safely. It's always better to be safe than sorry," said Suketu Talekar, co-founder, Doolally Brewing Company. The place also has four bouncers to make sure that no rowdy crowd is allowed into the pub.
The bouncers at KueBar, Koregaon Park, are given special training and they keep an eye out for anyone misbehaving inside the club. There are staff supervisers to see that the bouncers are attentive and that everything in the club stays calm and smooth. "The management at KueBar is very trained. If we feel that a certain group of people might be trouble for our guests and have the potential to cause some problems, we do not let them in. The bouncers even move around the dance floor and if they spot someone out of their senses or trying to misbehave, they are escorted out of the premises," said Piyush Deshmukh, KueBar manager.
"We help our patrons with a valet service or make required arrangements to ensure that they reach home safely if they are not in a position to take responsibility for themselves. We also make sure that the ladies have a nice time when they come to party here, and are not victims of any kind," he added.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2