Security stepped up in Yerawada and city
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Soon after Ajmal Kasab's execution was announced, security around Yerawada jail was stepped up and Pune police were put on an alert.
An officer from the Yerawada police station said, "We were asked to step up the security in the area and we were also put on alert. Our teams were deployed outside the premises of the jail and fixed point bandobast was put up on some of the routes leading to Yerawada jail."
Another city police officer said police presence in the city was increased after the news broke out and teams from the special branch were in touch with leaders from various communities.
Yerawada police officers also said manning the traffic on the road in front of the jail was a difficult task for them as vehicles kept stopping to look at the huge turnout of media and other persons outside the jail.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer