Security tightened for Rahul Gandhi's visit
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Security arrangements have been tightened for Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi's visit here tomorrow. Gandhi, who arrived in the state today and met party workers from western Odisha at Sambalpur, is scheduled to come here on Tuesday morning. "He will speak with the panchayat, block and district level functionaries of the party here in morning and afternoon. A meeting with senior party leaders will take place at an extended working committee meeting in the evening, before leaving for New Delhi," city Congress president Muhammed Moqim said. The city police and SPG have taken over the security of the community hall located in Markat Nagar area, where Gandhi will meet Congress workers. He will arrive at Charbatia airstrip near Choudwar in the morning, from where he would travel by road to the meeting venue, a distance of about 15 kms, a police officer said.
The venue has been "protected" and the road in front of the meeting hall sealed. Plain clothed policemen and those with arms have been deployed in the satellite city of Markat Nagar, sources said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready