See saw: Reel lessons
- Parliament LIVE: Expert committee to review use of pellet guns, says Rajnath
- Dalit fury spills over to Gujarat streets, 9 more try to end lives; CM meets family assaulted in Una
- Hit by campus protests, FTII makes new students sign ‘decorum, decency’ affidavit
- Dalits are 'soft target' for cow vigilantes: fact finding team
- Suspicious bag found inside Dubai-Amritsar SpiceJet flight
Siddharth Malhotra and Rohan Dhawan had come to the city on October 10 at Hotel Ramee Grand to promote their upcoming debut film 'Student of the Year' by Karan Johar. At the interactive session, the young actors shared their experiences working with Karan Johar. It was during the filming of 'My Name is Khan' is that these actors had assisted Johar. "The movie is a story about friendship, competition and all that spices one finds in the school," said Malhotra. The story revolves around the lives of Abhimanyu Singh (Sidharth Malhotra), Rohan Nanda (varun Dhawan) and Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt); their tryst with competition, envy, triunph, failure and heartbreak. With the music by Vishal and Shekhar which has already caught the attention, the film is gathering a lot of anticipation being a project where Johar plays the role of the writer, director and producer after 'My name is Khan'.
My music my way
After a string of concerts across the country, Gary Lawyer will be working on his latest solo album. In the city to perform at Hard Rock Cafe, Koregaon Park on October 12, Lawyer says that the gig will be be unpredictable and spontaneous. The untitled project he is working on will feature him playing a variety of music instruments including the guitar, bass and keyboard. "I have finished two songs and I am working on the next two. I am enjoying the thrill of making a song come alive. It is a nice bank of emotions that one can experience," says Lawyer.
The Pune Navratri Mahotsav organised by Pune Navratra Mahotsav Committee and Aba Bagul will take place at Ganesh Kala Krida, Swargate from October 16 to 24. The opening ceremony will include dance performances such as ganesh vandana, devi stavan, gondhal and jagar, and durga durgayani nasheyani. State Chief minister Prithviraj Chavan is invited as the chief guest for the occasion. Personalities from the Marathi entertainment industry like Ajay-Atul, Mahdhukar Bhave, Satish Desai, Chetan Dhalve and Reshma Musele will be felicitated with the Laxmi Mata Sanskruthik Puruskar 2012 at the hands of Manikrao Thakray, president of Pune Navratra Mahotsav. The inaugural function will be followed by a Marathi play Pati Sagle Uchapati by marathi actors Chetan Dhalve and Shekhar Lohkare, to be staged at the venue in the evening. The week-long event will feature a tribute to Rajesh Khanna, the superstar of the yesteryears, titled 'Yeh Sham Mastani' and Duttaprasad Ranade will be taking his audience through the magic of popular ghazals by Pankaj Udhas and Jagjit Singh. There will also be a musical program in celebration of Asha Bhosle's birthday as well as a lavani program to explore the variations of the traditional dance form. The event will also celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema htorugh a song-and-dance performance by Parshav Nirmiti and a musical night by Star of Melody orchestra.The event will be hosted by famous compare Sudhir Gadgil.
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China
- Empowering women through JAM
- Resolution of citizen grievances is an indicator of the performance of government departments
- Telescope: Grace and the lack of it
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might