Seeking answers From govt
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Members of Congress-backed trade union, INTUC, along with the workers of Haldia Port take part in a protest rally against Mamata Banerjee government in Kolkata on Thursday over the impasse at the port town following the exit of cargo-handling firm, HBT.
Haldia Dock Bachao Committee on Thursday sent letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Union Shipping Minister GK Vasan to intervene in the Haldia impasse. They also sought CBI probe into the HBT's exit from the dock. Most of the members of the committee are the 600 odd workers who were laid off by the firm.