Seeking answers From govt
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Members of Congress-backed trade union, INTUC, along with the workers of Haldia Port take part in a protest rally against Mamata Banerjee government in Kolkata on Thursday over the impasse at the port town following the exit of cargo-handling firm, HBT.
Haldia Dock Bachao Committee on Thursday sent letters to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Union Shipping Minister GK Vasan to intervene in the Haldia impasse. They also sought CBI probe into the HBT's exit from the dock. Most of the members of the committee are the 600 odd workers who were laid off by the firm.