Select City mall, Golden Temple get most check-ins on Facebook
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
City-based shopping mall Select City Walk has topped the list of most 'checked-in' locations in the country on social networking site Facebook.
Interestingly, the second most checked-in location during the year was Golden Temple in Amritsar, followed by Gurudwara Shri Bangla Sahib in Delhi.
Check-in feature on Facebook allows users to share their location with friends and places where they took photographs.
"Based on the list of most checked-in locations, it shows that people from India's metro cities tend to check in more, in comparison to other Indian cities," Facebook said in a statement.
Delhiites seem to be the more proactive, as most of the checked-in locations in the top 20 list belong to the capital city, it added.
"The Indian urban consumers' love for modern day retail outlets is reflected in the fact that Select City Walk, a popular mall in south Delhi, is the most checked-in location on Facebook for 2012," the statement said.
Ambience Mall in Delhi, Inorbit Mall in Mumbai and The Great India Place in Delhi-NCR are also within the overall top 15, it added.
In the top songs shared category, 'Tum Hi Ho Bandhu' from the movie Cocktail topped the list, followed by 'Daaru Desi' from the same film and 'Pani Da Rang' from Vicky Donor.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express