Select City mall, Golden Temple get most check-ins on Facebook
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
City-based shopping mall Select City Walk has topped the list of most 'checked-in' locations in the country on social networking site Facebook.
Interestingly, the second most checked-in location during the year was Golden Temple in Amritsar, followed by Gurudwara Shri Bangla Sahib in Delhi.
Check-in feature on Facebook allows users to share their location with friends and places where they took photographs.
"Based on the list of most checked-in locations, it shows that people from India's metro cities tend to check in more, in comparison to other Indian cities," Facebook said in a statement.
Delhiites seem to be the more proactive, as most of the checked-in locations in the top 20 list belong to the capital city, it added.
"The Indian urban consumers' love for modern day retail outlets is reflected in the fact that Select City Walk, a popular mall in south Delhi, is the most checked-in location on Facebook for 2012," the statement said.
Ambience Mall in Delhi, Inorbit Mall in Mumbai and The Great India Place in Delhi-NCR are also within the overall top 15, it added.
In the top songs shared category, 'Tum Hi Ho Bandhu' from the movie Cocktail topped the list, followed by 'Daaru Desi' from the same film and 'Pani Da Rang' from Vicky Donor.