Select City mall, Golden Temple get most check-ins on Facebook
- After slamming govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Modi at 7RCR
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at Centre, says MHA notification politically motivated
- Death toll climbs to 1412 as intense heat wave continues
- India wanted Bofors remark of President retracted: Swedish daily
- Extra-Constitutional authorities were really wielding power in UPA: PM
City-based shopping mall Select City Walk has topped the list of most 'checked-in' locations in the country on social networking site Facebook.
Interestingly, the second most checked-in location during the year was Golden Temple in Amritsar, followed by Gurudwara Shri Bangla Sahib in Delhi.
Check-in feature on Facebook allows users to share their location with friends and places where they took photographs.
"Based on the list of most checked-in locations, it shows that people from India's metro cities tend to check in more, in comparison to other Indian cities," Facebook said in a statement.
Delhiites seem to be the more proactive, as most of the checked-in locations in the top 20 list belong to the capital city, it added.
"The Indian urban consumers' love for modern day retail outlets is reflected in the fact that Select City Walk, a popular mall in south Delhi, is the most checked-in location on Facebook for 2012," the statement said.
Ambience Mall in Delhi, Inorbit Mall in Mumbai and The Great India Place in Delhi-NCR are also within the overall top 15, it added.
In the top songs shared category, 'Tum Hi Ho Bandhu' from the movie Cocktail topped the list, followed by 'Daaru Desi' from the same film and 'Pani Da Rang' from Vicky Donor.