Selectors to pick squad for New Zealand tour on Tuesday
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
The Indian squad for the upcoming tour of New Zealand comprising five One-Day Internationals and two Test matches is to be picked in Mumbai on Tuesday, according to Cricket Board sources.
"The team for New Zealand would be selected at the Cricket Centre (BCCI headquarters) tomorrow (Tuesday). Meeting is at 12:30 pm," the sources told PTI.
The tour commences with the first ODI at Napier on January 19, 2014 and ends on February 18 with the second Test at Wellington starting February 14.
After a glorious run in ODIs this year starting with the triumph in the ICC Champions Trophy in June, India suffered their first series loss in South Africa prior to the ongoing Test rubber and a few changes are expected in the squad.
It's not certain whether the selectors would pick the Test squad too along with the ODI line-up as they did for the tour to South Africa to help the members of the latter squad an depart early for getting acclimatised to the conditions.
New Zealand tour itinerary:
Jan 19: 1st ODI, Napier
Jan 22: 2nd ODI, Hamilton
Jan 25: 3rd ODI, Auckland
Jan 28: 4th ODI, Hamilton
Jan 31: 5th ODI, Wellington
Feb 2-3: Warm-up game, Whangarei
Feb 6-10: 1st Test, Auckland
Feb 14-18: 2nd Test, Wellington