GCC Indian Rich List: Micky Jagtiani tops billionaires rich list in Gulf
- Election Live: Narendra Modi addresses rally in Purnia, attacks Third Front
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
According to the first-ever GCC Indian Rich List published by financial weekly magazine 'Arabian Business', Micky Jagtiani, Landmark Group founder – who once worked as a London cab driver – topped the list with an estimated wealth of USD 4.5 billion.
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries have 10 Indian billionaires, according to a new survey.
The top 50 between them are worth USD 40.2 billion, with their average wealth at USD 1.57 billion.
Jagtiani was ahead of food magnate Feroz Allana at USD 4.3 billion, with legendary Dubai-based investor Ragu Kataria placed third on USD 2.5 billion.
The top five included EMKE Group's Yussuf Ali on USD 2.2 billion and BR Shetty on USD 1.9 billion. The highest ranked woman on the list was Jumbo Electronics boss Vidya Chhabria occupied the eighth place with a wealth of USD 1.4 billion.
"The contribution and success of the Indian community in this region is nothing short of remarkable, and our list fully reflects that. What is fascinating is many people on the list - such as Micky Jagtiani and Yussuf Ali - are self made, starting with absolutely nothing. Their stories are an inspiration to all of us," Arabian Business Editor Ed Attwood said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress