Self-driving cars are here
- Rs 870 crore money trail: Why the Bhujbals are under scanner
- SC allows 'Make in India' event at Mumbai beach, PM to inaugurate
- Pawar defends Bhujbals, says Fadnavis govt indulging in vendetta politics
- Anupam Kher a great artiste, welcome to visit Pakistan: Abdul Basit
- Indian helicopters helped war against militants in Afghanistan: US General
Lexus showcased a technology that was considered science fiction till recently. Self-driving car LS600HL features Toyota's Advanced Active Safety Research Vehicle technology. The technology has not yet reached a point where the car is fully self-driven. Lexus says its car aims to combine the precision of machines with the driver's ability to make judgements on the road. LS600HL can identify traffic signals and detect objects up to 150 metres away. The AASRV has a 360-degree Light Detection And Ranging laser, cameras, and GPS as its sensory organs.
Panasonic 4K tablet
4K resolution (four times HD) is the buzzword at CES 2013. After 4K TVs and cameras, a 4K tablet was spotted at the expo. Panasonic's tablet boasts of a 4K display. But it is a monstrous 20-inch device and it's a bit of a surprise that the company is calling it a tablet. The display is stunning, as expected, and the device is targeted at photographers, designers and architects. For this reason, the company has bundled a stylus with the tablet. It's not the most portable device, but it is much smaller than Lenovo's 27-inch Table PC.
Tactus Tactile Touchscreen
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism
- As it completes 10 years, there is enough evidence to show that India needs the MGNREGA
- For Randhir Singh, teaching was next to revolution-making.
- Intizar Husain seemed as much a stranger in a strange land in Pakistan as he did in India
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment