Self-driving cars are here
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
Lexus showcased a technology that was considered science fiction till recently. Self-driving car LS600HL features Toyota's Advanced Active Safety Research Vehicle technology. The technology has not yet reached a point where the car is fully self-driven. Lexus says its car aims to combine the precision of machines with the driver's ability to make judgements on the road. LS600HL can identify traffic signals and detect objects up to 150 metres away. The AASRV has a 360-degree Light Detection And Ranging laser, cameras, and GPS as its sensory organs.
Panasonic 4K tablet
4K resolution (four times HD) is the buzzword at CES 2013. After 4K TVs and cameras, a 4K tablet was spotted at the expo. Panasonic's tablet boasts of a 4K display. But it is a monstrous 20-inch device and it's a bit of a surprise that the company is calling it a tablet. The display is stunning, as expected, and the device is targeted at photographers, designers and architects. For this reason, the company has bundled a stylus with the tablet. It's not the most portable device, but it is much smaller than Lenovo's 27-inch Table PC.
Tactus Tactile Touchscreen
If a solid QWERTY keypad is what stops you from moving to touchscreen phones, Tactus' Tactile touchscreen is just what you were looking for. When you type, buttons rise on the touchscreen. The company says a transparent fluid is pumped under the keys, making the buttons rise. This helps immensely while typing, by replicating a physical keyboard. Tactus says the technology is compatible with all touchscreen devices and the company is looking to tie up with major manufacturers. Another good thing is when your phone's virtual keyboard is off, Tactus buttons fall back, leaving you with a flat touchscreen again.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today