Self-styled godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai arrested near Delhi-Haryana border
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK lose Smith, McCullum after flying start against KXIP
After days of hiding from the police, self-styled controversial godman Asaram's son Narayan Sai was finally arrested on Wednesday morning. Narayan Sai, who is an accused in the Surat rape case, was arrested from Delhi-Haryana border by Crime Branch of Delhi Police.
Four others were picked up with him, who have been identified as his bodyguard Kaushalkumar Thakur, alias Hanuman, Bhavika care taker of the Asaram Ashram at Motera in Ahmedabad and his drivers Ramesh and Vishnu. Sai was dressed in sports wear with a turban on his head and sport shoes.
Surat police commissioner Rakesh Asthaana giving credit to the Delhi crime branch, said that the Delhi crime branch sleuths received information that Narayan Sai was hiding in a gaushala somewhere in Ludhiyana in Punjab. The crime branch officials immediately acted on the information and reached the Gaushala, early Wednesday morning.
However, Sai got a tip off that the Delhi crime branch was behind him and would soon close in on the gaushala. Dressed in sportswear, he left the place with his four close aides. The Delhi crime branch chased Sai and finally on the Delhi -Haryana border near Pipli village in Kurukshetra, his car was intercepted by the police.
Sai got off the car and tried running but was caught. Asthaana said, "The arrest of Sai was possible due to the continuous efforts made on basis of intelligence inputs and technical surveillance. Since last one and half month our team was in Delhi and was coordinating with Delhi police and both were working together on inputs. In four such inputs, we acted and before the police could reach, Sai managed to escape."
Narayan Sai and others will be produced before Rohini Court on Wednesday afternoon to obtain transit remand and will be brought to Surat later in the evening.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer