Semi-basements to be legal, MC to issue notices soon
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Shopkeepers of Sarabha Nagar market, Raarewala market and Feroze Gandhi market will be the first to receive the notices
The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation, in the latest letter issued by the Local Bodies Department, Chandigarh, has got the orders to regularise all the illegal semi-basements at markets.
Sources in MC said from December 27 onwards, the MC would issue notices to the shops having semi-basements. After recovering a compound fee along with the penalty as per the measurement of the semi-basements, they would be regularised.
The shopkeepers of Sarabha Nagar main market, Raarewala market and Feroze Gandhi market will be the first to receive the notices as Zone-D has the maximum number of such illegal semi-basements. "It is another way of getting money as MC does not even have enough funds to run some major projects," added sources.
Confirming the move, Surinder Bindra, assistant town planner (zone D), said, "We will be issuing notices from December 27 onwards, and semi-basements will be made legal now after recovering penalty from offenders."