Semi-basements to be legal, MC to issue notices soon
- Head of al-Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent is from Uttar Pradesh
- Kejriwal vs Jaitley: What is there in the DDCA file
- Impact of Federal rate hike on India will be 'very minimal': Arvind Subramanian
- Once again, it’s SC cracking down to clean up air: diesel ban, truck tracking
- Technician sucked into Air India plane engine in Mumbai airport, killed
Shopkeepers of Sarabha Nagar market, Raarewala market and Feroze Gandhi market will be the first to receive the notices
The Ludhiana Municipal Corporation, in the latest letter issued by the Local Bodies Department, Chandigarh, has got the orders to regularise all the illegal semi-basements at markets.
Sources in MC said from December 27 onwards, the MC would issue notices to the shops having semi-basements. After recovering a compound fee along with the penalty as per the measurement of the semi-basements, they would be regularised.
The shopkeepers of Sarabha Nagar main market, Raarewala market and Feroze Gandhi market will be the first to receive the notices as Zone-D has the maximum number of such illegal semi-basements. "It is another way of getting money as MC does not even have enough funds to run some major projects," added sources.
Confirming the move, Surinder Bindra, assistant town planner (zone D), said, "We will be issuing notices from December 27 onwards, and semi-basements will be made legal now after recovering penalty from offenders."
- Pawar grid
- Still In The Pipeline
- DGs and IGs conference should roadmap meeting policing and internal security challenges
- GDP price deflator is negative. So why can’t the RBI cut rates?
- Congress VP’s response to the ‘National Herald’ case raises questions
- Policies, reforms and infrastructure need to be redesigned