Sena puts corporators who skipped Thackeray tribute meet on notice
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Shiv Sena group leader Yashodhar Phanse has issued a showcause notice to seven party corporators for skipping an education committee meeting.
The leader of house has asked Yamini Jadhav, Komal Jamsandekar, Shubhada Patkar, Sunaina Potnis, Suprada Phaterpekar, Anil Trimbakkar and Pramod Shinde — why serious action should not be taken against them for the absence.
"We have given strict instructions to party corporators to attend all civic body meetings as they are crucial. Corporators who did not attend the meeting are coming up with excuses. Stringent action will be taken against those whose excuses are not genuine," said Phanse.
The meeting, supposed to be held on November 29, a day after the death of Sena chief Bal Thackeray, was to pay him a tribute. However, it was adjourned for lack of quorum as only five of the 26 education committee members turned up.
Vitthal Kharatmol, BJP corporator and chairman of the committee, said: "Only five people were present at the meeting, due to which it had to be cancelled. None of the items on the agenda were to be taken up that day, the meeting was to be adjorned after a tribute to Balasaheb Thackeray."