Sena steps up protests over Khan, vandalises 9 Mumbai theatres
Shiv Sainiks also protested outside R Mall in Mulund which houses Big Cinemas, but confined their sloganeering to the road outside. In Ghatkopar's Shreyas theatre, Sainiks reportedly broke a window but left the premises after warning the theatre manager to not screen the movie.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Law and Order) Himanshu Roy said "heavy frisking" will be conducted at theatres as there is "general fear that activists can come with small blades and vandalise property". Policemen in plainclothes may also be deployed inside theatres, he said.
- Geelani claims a bunch of lies: BJP
- Why ‘WHO awardee’ Anbumani is the son of his Vanniyar father first in Dharmapuri
- Polls in city four days away, big guns make a dash
- No vacancy for leadership role in party, says Shashi Tharoor
- Rajiv assassination: Karunanidhi questions timing of CJI’s remark
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, Minister says let’s call off trip