Sena-BJP want Balasaheb memorial at Shivaji Park
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
The Mumbai Heritage Conservation Committee had mooted a proposal to accord Shivaji Park — declared a silent zone by the BMC after High Court intervention — and its adjacent areas heritage status. The high court has also been keen to ensure Shivaji Park's prime status is maintained.