Senator wants Alec Baldwin to be blacklisted
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
A New York Senator has called on Hollywood's producers and directors to blacklist actor Alec Baldwin until he gets help for an alleged anger management problem.
A reporter and photographer have filed a harassment claim against the 30 Rock star, accusing Alec Baldwin of hurling a racial slur at them during an altercation outside his home in the Big Apple on Sunday, reported TMZ.
And state senator Malcolm Smith insists the actor's latest run-in with the media is further proof he needs help.
"If these allegations are true, then no television network or film studio should hire the veteran actor until he seeks help. In today's modern age it's a disgrace that people still use remarks that provide hatred to others based on race or origin," Smith said in a statement.
Smith also plans to contact Baldwin's employers at NBC to encourage them to request that the actor sign up for anger management courses.
The recent altercation came after a reporter approached Baldwin and asked him for a comment on an injury lawsuit filed against his yoga teacher wife, Hilaria.
The reporter told police the actor grabbed her by the arm and told her, "I want you to choke to death" before allegedly using a racial slur in a verbal attack on her photographer sidekick, a retired New York police detective.
However, a spokesman for Baldwin, who also filed a harassment claim against the reporter, has called the accusations "completely false".
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment