Senior aide to ex-PM Hariri killed as explosion shakes Lebanese capital
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
A strong explosion has shaken the Lebanese capital, sending black smoke billowing from the center of Beirut.
"Senior aide to former PM Saad Hariri killed in the bombing in the Lebanese capital," said a security official.
The blast went off a few hundred meters (yards) from the government headquarters and parliament building. The cause was not immediately known.
Troops were seen deploying nearby, and ambulances were rushing to the area
Lebanon has seen a wave of bombings over the past months as tensions rise over Syria's civil war.