Senior aide to ex-PM Hariri killed as explosion shakes Lebanese capital
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Six election officials killed in Naxal attack; FIR filed against Azam Khan
A strong explosion has shaken the Lebanese capital, sending black smoke billowing from the center of Beirut.
"Senior aide to former PM Saad Hariri killed in the bombing in the Lebanese capital," said a security official.
The blast went off a few hundred meters (yards) from the government headquarters and parliament building. The cause was not immediately known.
Troops were seen deploying nearby, and ambulances were rushing to the area
Lebanon has seen a wave of bombings over the past months as tensions rise over Syria's civil war.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit