Senior citizen scheme to be extended
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Bolstered by the response to 'meet the senior citizens', Home Minister R R Patil announced on Thursday the initiative would be also introduced in other major cities in phases.
In view of the spate of attacks on the elderly, Mumbai Police had launched the drive last month, making it mandatory for constables to regularly visit senior citizens in their areas.
Patil was speaking after inaugurating a 'complaint box' scheme. Around 1,000 complaint boxes will be installed across the city.