Senior citizens hold annual function
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Chandigarh Senior Citizens Association and Chandigarh Senior Citizens Brotherhood, Sector 37, on Friday jointly celebrated their annual function at Mahajan Bhawan Sector 37.
During the event senior citizens walked on the ramp. Ranjan Kapoor bagged the first prize while Shashi Khanna stood second in female category. Shivjit Walia was placed third. In the male category Devinder Singh Chaudhary won the title while SL Bhutani ranked second. JN Shastri stood third. SC Kapoor and his wife won the title in the couple's category. Inder Kumar Thakral and his wife were the runners up, while Shivjit Singh Walia and his spouse were second runners up.
Meritorious senior citizens, who have exemplary achievements in different fields were honoured. The recipients included Nek Chand, J Saupins, Milkha Singh, Prof Yashpaul, Maj Gen M S.Kandal (Retd), V S Sodhi, J S Bawa, V P Prabhakar, Parvesh Sethi and Suchinta Khurana.