Senior citizens hold annual function
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Chandigarh Senior Citizens Association and Chandigarh Senior Citizens Brotherhood, Sector 37, on Friday jointly celebrated their annual function at Mahajan Bhawan Sector 37.
During the event senior citizens walked on the ramp. Ranjan Kapoor bagged the first prize while Shashi Khanna stood second in female category. Shivjit Walia was placed third. In the male category Devinder Singh Chaudhary won the title while SL Bhutani ranked second. JN Shastri stood third. SC Kapoor and his wife won the title in the couple's category. Inder Kumar Thakral and his wife were the runners up, while Shivjit Singh Walia and his spouse were second runners up.
Meritorious senior citizens, who have exemplary achievements in different fields were honoured. The recipients included Nek Chand, J Saupins, Milkha Singh, Prof Yashpaul, Maj Gen M S.Kandal (Retd), V S Sodhi, J S Bawa, V P Prabhakar, Parvesh Sethi and Suchinta Khurana.