Senior citizens hold socio-medical camp
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
The Chandigarh Senior Citizens' Association organized a socio-medical camp at Government Middle School, Maloya Colony. This was the last camp in a series of such camps and other events forming part of over a month's celebrations culminating in their formal function on October 1, the International Senior Citizens' Day.
The camp was inaugurated by Union Minister for Parliamentary Affairs Pawan Kumar Bansal. More than 600 patients were examined. Specialists from Max Super Speciality Hospital provided Lab and ECG facilities, and Grewal Eye Institute and Guru Nanak Multi-Specialty Hospital provided eye and dental care services respectively. Sahayta Cancer Sahyog created awareness about cancer and Ritu Chaudhary from Hearing and Speech Clinic treated patients with hearing problem cases.