Senior IAS officer killed in mishap
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
A senior IAS officer of the Rajasthan cadre was today killed when a speeding car hit him near the central park here, police said.
V S Singh (57), who is survived by his wife and two married daughters, was the Additional Chief Secretary-Forest and Environment. He was returning after a morning walk when the accident took place.
"He was crossing the road with two others when an Alto car hit them. They were rushed to SMS hospital where Singh died," police commissioner B L Soni said.
"The driver was held on the spot and the car has been seized," he added.
SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh said, "the officer was critically injured and succumbed to injuries."
Singh was an IAS officer of the 1978 batch and held several positions like Chairman of the State Pollution Control Board, Principal secretary in several departments like forest, home, water resources, labour, sports and youth affairs and was the district collector in Churu.