Senior IAS officer killed in mishap
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
A senior IAS officer of the Rajasthan cadre was today killed when a speeding car hit him near the central park here, police said.
V S Singh (57), who is survived by his wife and two married daughters, was the Additional Chief Secretary-Forest and Environment. He was returning after a morning walk when the accident took place.
"He was crossing the road with two others when an Alto car hit them. They were rushed to SMS hospital where Singh died," police commissioner B L Soni said.
"The driver was held on the spot and the car has been seized," he added.
SMS Hospital Superintendent Dr Virendra Singh said, "the officer was critically injured and succumbed to injuries."
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways