Senior men probables for future tournaments pruned down to 33
- Vijay Rupani sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat
- PM speaks: Gau rakshaks anti-social, so angry to see shops in cow’s name
- Punjab: RSS leader shot at in Jalandhar, condition critical
- Bhiwandi: Several feared trapped under debris after building collapse
- Kashmir unrest: Separatists make it personal, name police officers
Hockey India selection committee has decided to prune down the list of core group men probables to 33 players during the three-day selection trials which concluded at the SAI Centre in Patiala yesterday.
Hockey India selectors Col. Balbir Singh, BP Govinda and Thoaiba Singh as well as Government Observer Harbinder Singh and chief coach Michael Nobbs tested the fitness and performance of all players before pruning down the list of core probables from 48 to 33 so as to build strong team for the future.
The selectors will announce the squad of 18 shortly for the Lanco International Super Series in Perth (November 22-25), the FIH Champions Trophy in Melbourne (December 1-9) and the second Asian Men's Champions Trophy in Doha (December 20-27).
List of 33 players:
Goal Keepers: PR Sreejesh, PT Rao, Srenivas Rao
Full Backs: VR Raghunath, Sandeep Singh, Rupinderpal Singh, Harbir Singh, Amit Rohidas, Sampath Kumar Maylaram.
Half Backs: Sardar Singh, Kothajit Singh, Birendra Lakra, Manpreet Singh, MB Aiyappa, Pradeep Mor, Gurmail Singh, Vivek Dhar.
- The plight of Dalits in Gujarat cannot be attributed only to BJP rule
- More than a new building, Parliament needs an update of its procedures
- It is time the UN had a woman and a feminist as its secretary-general
- CM Mufti appropriates language of struggle, but BJP-PDP alliance erodes her legitimacy
- Revenge of the powerless voter
- Across the aisle: Good sense triumphs, danger lurks