Senior men probables for future tournaments pruned down to 33
- 'Satyameva Jayate,' tweets Yeddyurappa after court acquits him in mining bribe case
- Akhilesh Yadav to meet Governor as fissures remain within Samajwadi Party
- Cyrus Mistry fires mail to Tata board members, says was never given chance to defend himself
- Kalikho Pul left explosive secret notes, can rock politics: Ex-Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa
- Shivpal sacks another Akhilesh loyalist Pawan Pandey following clash with MLC
Hockey India selection committee has decided to prune down the list of core group men probables to 33 players during the three-day selection trials which concluded at the SAI Centre in Patiala yesterday.
Hockey India selectors Col. Balbir Singh, BP Govinda and Thoaiba Singh as well as Government Observer Harbinder Singh and chief coach Michael Nobbs tested the fitness and performance of all players before pruning down the list of core probables from 48 to 33 so as to build strong team for the future.
The selectors will announce the squad of 18 shortly for the Lanco International Super Series in Perth (November 22-25), the FIH Champions Trophy in Melbourne (December 1-9) and the second Asian Men's Champions Trophy in Doha (December 20-27).
List of 33 players:
Goal Keepers: PR Sreejesh, PT Rao, Srenivas Rao
Full Backs: VR Raghunath, Sandeep Singh, Rupinderpal Singh, Harbir Singh, Amit Rohidas, Sampath Kumar Maylaram.
Half Backs: Sardar Singh, Kothajit Singh, Birendra Lakra, Manpreet Singh, MB Aiyappa, Pradeep Mor, Gurmail Singh, Vivek Dhar.
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor
- What general news channels could learn from business news anchors
- India’s abstention from UN negotiations for nuclear disarmament would be a lost chance
- India must delink classroom teaching from student learning
- In the long run, the rift within SP may make space for a clearer leadership