Senior men probables for future tournaments pruned down to 33
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Hockey India selection committee has decided to prune down the list of core group men probables to 33 players during the three-day selection trials which concluded at the SAI Centre in Patiala yesterday.
Hockey India selectors Col. Balbir Singh, BP Govinda and Thoaiba Singh as well as Government Observer Harbinder Singh and chief coach Michael Nobbs tested the fitness and performance of all players before pruning down the list of core probables from 48 to 33 so as to build strong team for the future.
The selectors will announce the squad of 18 shortly for the Lanco International Super Series in Perth (November 22-25), the FIH Champions Trophy in Melbourne (December 1-9) and the second Asian Men's Champions Trophy in Doha (December 20-27).
List of 33 players:
Goal Keepers: PR Sreejesh, PT Rao, Srenivas Rao
Full Backs: VR Raghunath, Sandeep Singh, Rupinderpal Singh, Harbir Singh, Amit Rohidas, Sampath Kumar Maylaram.
Half Backs: Sardar Singh, Kothajit Singh, Birendra Lakra, Manpreet Singh, MB Aiyappa, Pradeep Mor, Gurmail Singh, Vivek Dhar.
Forwards: SV Sunil, Gurvinder Singh Chandi, Chinglensana Singh, Shivendra Singh, Danish Mujtaba, SK Uthappa, Pradhanna Sommanna, Nithin Thimmaiah, Yuvraj Walmiki, Dharamvir Singh, Akashdeep Singh, MG Poonacha, Prabhdeep Singh, PL Thimmanna, Sukhdev Singh, Gurpreet Singh.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18