Senior men probables for future tournaments pruned down to 33
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Hockey India selection committee has decided to prune down the list of core group men probables to 33 players during the three-day selection trials which concluded at the SAI Centre in Patiala yesterday.
Hockey India selectors Col. Balbir Singh, BP Govinda and Thoaiba Singh as well as Government Observer Harbinder Singh and chief coach Michael Nobbs tested the fitness and performance of all players before pruning down the list of core probables from 48 to 33 so as to build strong team for the future.
The selectors will announce the squad of 18 shortly for the Lanco International Super Series in Perth (November 22-25), the FIH Champions Trophy in Melbourne (December 1-9) and the second Asian Men's Champions Trophy in Doha (December 20-27).
List of 33 players:
Goal Keepers: PR Sreejesh, PT Rao, Srenivas Rao
Full Backs: VR Raghunath, Sandeep Singh, Rupinderpal Singh, Harbir Singh, Amit Rohidas, Sampath Kumar Maylaram.
Half Backs: Sardar Singh, Kothajit Singh, Birendra Lakra, Manpreet Singh, MB Aiyappa, Pradeep Mor, Gurmail Singh, Vivek Dhar.
Forwards: SV Sunil, Gurvinder Singh Chandi, Chinglensana Singh, Shivendra Singh, Danish Mujtaba, SK Uthappa, Pradhanna Sommanna, Nithin Thimmaiah, Yuvraj Walmiki, Dharamvir Singh, Akashdeep Singh, MG Poonacha, Prabhdeep Singh, PL Thimmanna, Sukhdev Singh, Gurpreet Singh.