Senior woman official slits wrist in Delhi office after being rebuked
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
A senior official of the Women and Child Development Ministry allegedly slashed her wrist inside her office today apparently as she was upset after being scolded by a superior. The incident occurred at around 4 PM when the official slit her left wrist using a knife inside her cabin in Shastri Bhawan, sources told PTI. She was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital by her colleagues and was discharged from there after an hour following first aid. "She was sent home after the first aid. The injury was not very severe," hospital sources said. However, no case was filed with the police. According to the sources, the officer asked her personal secretary to get her a knife in the afternoon.