Senior woman official slits wrist in Delhi office after being rebuked
- India to grow at 7.5 per cent in 2016, faster than China: IMF
- Lalu Yadav, Amit Shah booked for 'Narbhakshi', 'Chara chor' comments
- Nehru's niece returns Sahitya Akademi Award, questions PM's silence on 'reign of terror'
- Delhi MLAs may get 400 per cent hike in salary
- American Airlines plane makes emergency landing after pilot dies mid-flight
A senior official of the Women and Child Development Ministry allegedly slashed her wrist inside her office today apparently as she was upset after being scolded by a superior. The incident occurred at around 4 PM when the official slit her left wrist using a knife inside her cabin in Shastri Bhawan, sources told PTI. She was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital by her colleagues and was discharged from there after an hour following first aid. "She was sent home after the first aid. The injury was not very severe," hospital sources said. However, no case was filed with the police. According to the sources, the officer asked her personal secretary to get her a knife in the afternoon.