Senior woman official slits wrist in Delhi office after being rebuked
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A senior official of the Women and Child Development Ministry allegedly slashed her wrist inside her office today apparently as she was upset after being scolded by a superior. The incident occurred at around 4 PM when the official slit her left wrist using a knife inside her cabin in Shastri Bhawan, sources told PTI. She was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital by her colleagues and was discharged from there after an hour following first aid. "She was sent home after the first aid. The injury was not very severe," hospital sources said. However, no case was filed with the police. According to the sources, the officer asked her personal secretary to get her a knife in the afternoon.
"The personal secretary thought that she wanted the knife to cut some fruits or for some other purpose and thus gave her the knife in her cabin. Later at around 4 pm when one official walked into her cabin to show her some papers, he found her leaning on the table with her head on it and blood coming out of her hands. He then raised an alarm," a source said. Earlier in the day, she had been allegedly rebuked by a senior and she was upset over it, the sources said. When reached for a comment, a person who received the call on her mobile phone said she was not in a position to talk.