Senior woman official slits wrist in Delhi office after being rebuked
- IAF An-32 aircraft missing: Manohar Parrikar undertakes aerial survey of search operations
- Hillary Clinton picks Tim Kaine as running mate
- Judith D'souza, Indian kidnapped in Kabul, rescued: Sushma Swaraj
- Bhagwant Mann interview: 'I just wanted to show system of draw of lots in Zero Hour'
- Toll climbs to 46, Rajnath visits Kashmir valley today
A senior official of the Women and Child Development Ministry allegedly slashed her wrist inside her office today apparently as she was upset after being scolded by a superior. The incident occurred at around 4 PM when the official slit her left wrist using a knife inside her cabin in Shastri Bhawan, sources told PTI. She was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital by her colleagues and was discharged from there after an hour following first aid. "She was sent home after the first aid. The injury was not very severe," hospital sources said. However, no case was filed with the police. According to the sources, the officer asked her personal secretary to get her a knife in the afternoon.
- Article 370 was honoured in the breach and the autonomy promised to J&K has been chipped away from time to time
- Violence against Dalits is not something that began in past two years as the tenor of debate in Parliament
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own.
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first