Senior woman official slits wrist in Delhi office after being rebuked
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
A senior official of the Women and Child Development Ministry allegedly slashed her wrist inside her office today apparently as she was upset after being scolded by a superior. The incident occurred at around 4 PM when the official slit her left wrist using a knife inside her cabin in Shastri Bhawan, sources told PTI. She was rushed to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital by her colleagues and was discharged from there after an hour following first aid. "She was sent home after the first aid. The injury was not very severe," hospital sources said. However, no case was filed with the police. According to the sources, the officer asked her personal secretary to get her a knife in the afternoon.
"The personal secretary thought that she wanted the knife to cut some fruits or for some other purpose and thus gave her the knife in her cabin. Later at around 4 pm when one official walked into her cabin to show her some papers, he found her leaning on the table with her head on it and blood coming out of her hands. He then raised an alarm," a source said. Earlier in the day, she had been allegedly rebuked by a senior and she was upset over it, the sources said. When reached for a comment, a person who received the call on her mobile phone said she was not in a position to talk.