Sensex dips below 20K-mark
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Hit by profit-booking at two-year high levels, the BSE benchmark Sensex on Tuesday closed below the 20,000-mark by losing over 120 points and the NSE Nifty slipped below the 6,100-level amid mixed global cues.
The Sensex, which had gained 284 points in last three trading sessions, commenced the day higher at 20,156.86 before ending with a loss of 120.25 points, or 0.60 per cent, at 19,981.57. The broader Nifty of the NSE also fell back by 33.80 points or 0.56 per cent to 6,048.50.
After logging a three-month high of 53.38, the rupee erased initial gains to close four paise down at 53.81 against US dollar following weakness in local stocks and demand for the currency.