Sensex up 92 points in early trade ahead of IIP data
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The BSE benchmark Sensex today gained by nearly 92 points in early trade on fresh buying by funds and retailers ahead of industrial output data amid a firming trend in other Asian bourses.
The 30-share barometer rose by 91.65 points, or 0.47 per cent, to 19,478.79. It had lost nearly 100 points in the past three sessions.
All the sectoral indices, led by IT and interest-sensitive auto, were trading with gains up to 1 per cent.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 25.80 points, or 0.43 per cent, to 5,924.60.
Brokers said expectations of better industrial output data for October to be released later today and a firming trend on the Asian markets mainly triggered buying by funds and retail investors.
In the Asian region, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index rose by 0.45 per cent and Japan's Nikkei was up by 0.61 per cent in early trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.60 per cent higher in yesterday's trade following signs of progress in fiscal cliff talks and upbeat data from Germany and Spain.
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.13 percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan gained 0.38 percent.
* U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, led by gains in technology companies, helping the S&P 500 end at its highest level since Election Day.
* Asian shares rose buoyed by strength in global equities markets, firmer economic sentiment in Germany and hopes of a deal from U.S. budget talks, while the dollar came under pressure ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy decision.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* October industrial output data (around 0530 GMT).
* India November retail inflation data around 0530 GMT.
* India govt looking to raise about $1 billion by divesting a stake in state miner NMDC.
- Internal Maoist document targets 12 political leaders
- Forces didn’t follow SoP, says MHA
- ‘Teesta NGOs got foreign donations worth Rs 4 cr’
- Unable to pay to cheat, another student tries to kill himself in UP
- ‘Ignored’ by AAP, Mallika says won’t contest LS elections
- He didn’t want to lose a year, mother had mortgaged ring to arrange ‘bribe’
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express