Sepoy stable, shifted to Command Hospital
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
The Indian Army sepoy, who was assaulted allegedly by his in-laws at Burail Village, Sector 45, late Sunday, is stable and was shifted to the Command Hospital in Chandimandir from GMCH-32 on Monday. Sepoy Rajid Ali had sustained severe head injuries in the incident.
"There is a minor clot in his brain which can be healed with the help of medicines. No surgery is required," said a doctor of the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Sector 32, who had attended to the sepoy.
Meanwhile, Mohabbat Ali, Rajid's father, said the girl's family managed to trace the couple through ATM transactions made by the two. "Sitara's father had managed to get the address of the couple in Chandigarh after my son made ATM transactions. The ATM slips read that the transactions were made from Sector 45," Mohabbat Ali told Chandigarh Newsline.
The couple were in the process of filing a petition in the Punjab and Haryana High Court seeking protection when the incident occurred. As per Sitara, admitted in GMCH-32 under police protection, they had come here on April 1 and had got married in Sector 33.
Sitara and Rajid's fathers are brothers and so Hasmat (Sitara's father) did not accept the relationship.
Mohabbat Ali added that he along with Hasmat Ali, Sekawat Ali, Sadakat Ali and other family members had come to the city on Sunday. "While we were finding Rajid's residence, Hasmat saw my son standing at a grocery shop. He approached Rajid there and stated talking nicely. Rajid invited all of us to his residence. We went there and were talking when suddenly Rajid and Hasmat entered into an altercation," Mohabbat said.
Sitara, Rajid's wife, whose condition is also stable, recorded her statement before police on Monday. "When my father and other family members came, they were fine and were taking to us properly. When my father snatched Rajid's identity card it led to a fight. I was taken out of the house by my family members, who tried to strangulate me. After that I don't remember anything because I was unconscious. My uncle (Mohabbat Ali) was also beaten up because he had accepted our relationship," she told Chandigarh Newsline. "We studied in high school together and since then we wanted to get married. My father knew this but did not accept our relationship. Rajid's father, however, supported us," Sitara added.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy