Services exports up 6.3% at $11.94 bn
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
Services exports in September stood at USD 11.94 billion (over Rs 65,000 crore), up 6.3 per cent from that in the same month last year.
Total exports from services in September 2011 was at USD 11.23 billion, according to the Reserve Bank data.
Imports of services during the month fell by 9.6 per cent to USD 6.14 billion compared with USD 6.79 billion in the year ago period.
The services sector contributes about 55 per cent to the country's gross domestic product.
During April-September of 2012-13, the cumulative services exports amounted to USD 67.74 billion. Services imports stood at USD 39.74 billion in the first six months of the fiscal.