Services exports up 6.3% at $11.94 bn
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Services exports in September stood at USD 11.94 billion (over Rs 65,000 crore), up 6.3 per cent from that in the same month last year.
Total exports from services in September 2011 was at USD 11.23 billion, according to the Reserve Bank data.
Imports of services during the month fell by 9.6 per cent to USD 6.14 billion compared with USD 6.79 billion in the year ago period.
The services sector contributes about 55 per cent to the country's gross domestic product.