Services take three points
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
A slender first-innings lead has helped Services earn three points after their Group C Ranji Trophy encounter with Kerala ended in a draw. Resuming the final day at nine for no loss, Kerala opener Abhishek Hegde scored a century off 227 balls. He struck 11 fours in his 107-run knock.
Kerala never looked like forcing a result in the match and declared at 193 for three in 77 overs. All-rounder Rohan Prem scored a half-century and struck three boundaries. He remained not out on 53.
For Services, pacer Suraj Yadav took two wickets in the second innings. Chasing a target of 173 with just 15 overs left in the day's play, Services were 85 for no loss when the match ended.
The fate of this match was pretty much sealed on Monday when Services skipper Soumik Chatterjee hit a fine century to help the team earn a vital 21-run first innings lead.
Chatterjee scored 107 and shared a 152-run stand for the fourth wicket with former Kolkata Knight Riders batsman Yashpal Singh as the hosts finished their first essay at 335 in reply to Kerala's 314.
Chatterjee, who had been struggling recently lifted his game and batted for nearly seven hours facing 313 balls hitting 14 boundaries in the process. The burly Yashpal scored 89.
Brief Scores: Kerala: 314 and 193/3 decl. (Abhishek Hegde 107, Rohan Prem 53; Suraj Yadav 2/30) vs Services: 335 and 85/0 (Anshul Gupta 53*, Nakul Verma 32*).
ResultMatch Drawn. Points: Services 3, Kerala 1.