Setting differences aside, Buddha meets Mollah in hospital
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
The Bhangar violence has had one positive effect: it has united two warring comrades.
Former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee today met former land and land reform minister Abdur Rezzak Mollah, who is undergoing treatment at a hospital here after being allegedly assaulted by former Trinamool Congress MLA Arabul Islam and his cadres in Bhangar on Sunday.
The two veteran CPM leaders earlier had serious differences over the policies of the Left Front government as well as those of the party. However, the differences seemed to have been erased as Bhattacharjee, along with Left Front chairman Biman Bose and CPM politburo member Nirupam Sen walked at the forefront at the rally protesting against the assault on Mollah.
On several occasions, Mollah has made sarcastic comments about Bhattacharjee after the debacle of the Left Front government in the Assembly polls, and criticised Bhattacharjee's policy of acquiring land from farmers. It has been learnt that the two CPM leaders were not on speaking terms.
However, at the hospital today, Bhattacharjee is said to have spoken with the doctors and inquired about Mollah's health. Bhattacharjee and Mollah spoke for five minutes in the cabin and Mollah expressed his happiness at seeing Bhattacharjee there. Bhattacharjee was accompanied by the CPM's South 24-Parganas district secretary Sujan Chakraborty.
After the meeting Chakraborty said, "Buddha today came to meet Rezzakda. Buddhada used to get daily updates of Rezzakda's health condition. Today he also spoke with the doctors."
The CPM central committee will meet here for three days from January 17 and the attack on Mollah will certainly be raised for discussion.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today