Seven fined for defacing public property
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
As many as 16 cases were registered at the Sector-17 police station under the West Bengal Property Defacement Act on December 8 for pasting posters and advertisements on public property. Seven accused in the cases confessed to the crime and were fined by a local court on Tuesday.
The accused confessed putting up advertisements at bus stands and other areas of Sector 22, and they were fined Rs 1,000 each.
Out of 20 reports that were registered on December 8, 16 pertained to property defacement.
Most cases were against unknown people. However, those who had given their contact details on the advertisements were summoned by the police. They were arrested and were later released on bail.