Seven Indians escape from Nepal jail
- AAP govt sacks Delhi Food Minister Asim Ahmed over corruption charges
- Two Indians detained in Dubai and Saudi Arabia for terror links
- Nitish Kumar ups the ante against BJP, says Bihar will progress on its own efforts
- Man beheads wife; walks on Pune road with her head
- Tell us one place where Ganga is clean: NGT asks Centre
At least a dozen prisoners, including seven Indians, managed to escape from the Eastern Regional Prison of Sunsari district in southern Nepal by digging a tunnel, the Central Police News Room said.
The seven Indians who escaped all hail from Bihar. Nepal police has sought the co-operation of the Bihar government as it feared they might have entered the state through the soft international border.
Bihar Director General of Police Abhyanand told The Indian Express, "We have received the information and alerted police in Upaul district adjoining Nepal. Two of the seven were involved in the 2006 Arun Golchha murder case of Forbesganj in Araria."
The DGP said the police in the districts bordering Nepal had been asked to start search operations at the native places of all the prisoners.