Seven ministers bite dust in the Gujarat Assembly elections 2012
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- Sahara chief Subrata Roy moves Supreme Court for cancellation of arrest warrant
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Seven of Narendra Modi's ministers, including government spokesperson Jaynarayan Vyas, lost in the Gujarat Assembly elections 2012.
Of the seven, three are Cabinet ministers.
Agriculture Minister Dileep Sanghani lost to Paresh Dhanani of Congress by a margin of 29,893 votes from Amreli.
Health Minister Jaynarayan Vyas was humbled by Balvantsinh Rajput of Congress at Siddhpur in Patan district by 25,824 votes. Vyas had defeated Rajput by a margin of 2,429 votes in 2007.
Similarly, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Fakirbhai Vaghela lost to Congress's Jethabhai Vaghela by a margin of 22,839 votes from Vadgam in Banaskantha district.
Among junior ministers, Minister of State for Forest and Environment Kiritsinh Rana put up a brave fight but lost to sitting Congress MP Soma Ganda by a margin of 1,561 votes from Limbdi Assembly seat in Surendranagar district.
Minister of State for Agriculture Kanubhai Bhalala was defeated by Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel at Visavadar by a margin of 42,186 votes.
Minister of State for Home Praful Patel too lost his Himatnagar seat by the margin of 12,356 votes to Rajendrasinh Chavda of Congress.
Minister of State for Education Jaisinh Chauhan lost to Congress's Mahendrasinh Baraiya by a margin of 7,014 votes from Prantij.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight