Seven things that Rahul Gandhi said during UP rallies
- LIVE: Western Railway resumes services, but Mumbai braces for more rain tomorrow
- Lalit Modi Row: BJP rejects demand for resignation of Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Hooch liquor tragedy: Death toll rises to 41; eight policemen suspended
- J&K govt prevents Sopore Chalo march, top separatists detained
- Petition against Tendulkar's Bharat Ratna admitted by Madhya Pradesh HC
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi launched an scathing attack on the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh during two rallies in the state.
Here are the seven things Rahul said while addressing the Congress party workers.
1. People of both communities died during the communal riots. And all of them told me that political forces were behind the violence, and they were ruined because of them.
2. If Uttar Pradesh is falling behind, it is because politicians are manipulating you.
3. The 2014 election would produce a government of the youth, which would change the country.
4. 20 % of crops go missing and the govt has decided to give you the right to food, but SP doesn't want to implement this right.
5. UP is regressive because there is no unity among Hindus and Muslims here. Congress will help you unite and fight for you.
6. UP has a laptop scheme but no electricity.
7. Your kids will get food everyday. The UPA government guarantees you that.
It is noteworthy to mention that the Samajwadi Party is supporting the Congress-led government at the Centre. Rahul's attacks come ahead the Lok Sabha elections scheduled next year. With SP chief Mulayam Singh making it clear to work on a Third Front after the elections, the political juggernaut is only set to intensify in the days to come.