Seven-year-old raped in Goa school, headmistress detained
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Kejriwal kicks off campaign taking on Ambani, media, says all bought
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- Worried RSS plans inductions in BJP to âreformâ partyâs image
A seven-year-old girl was raped at her school in the port town of Vasco, resulting in huge protests here last night. Police have detained the headmistress of the school on
charges of negligence.
The second grade student was sexually abused in the school toilet next to the office of the headmistress during recess yesterday, by an unidentified person, police said today. The incident came to light after the minor complained of pain and was referred for medical examination. Several parents and locals protested outside the school
last night questioning the negligence on the part of the school management. As the situation turned tense, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar visited the spot late last night
assuring stern action against the accused. We will not spare the accused and anyone involved in this crime," Parrikar said, following which police detained the headmistress. Police said the culprit is yet to be arrested. A sketch has been prepared based on the description provided by the victim, they said.
Incidentally, the school has been one of the well guarded institute with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel posted at the gate.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients