Seven-year-old raped in Goa school, headmistress detained
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
A seven-year-old girl was raped at her school in the port town of Vasco, resulting in huge protests here last night. Police have detained the headmistress of the school on
charges of negligence.
The second grade student was sexually abused in the school toilet next to the office of the headmistress during recess yesterday, by an unidentified person, police said today. The incident came to light after the minor complained of pain and was referred for medical examination. Several parents and locals protested outside the school
last night questioning the negligence on the part of the school management. As the situation turned tense, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar visited the spot late last night
assuring stern action against the accused. We will not spare the accused and anyone involved in this crime," Parrikar said, following which police detained the headmistress. Police said the culprit is yet to be arrested. A sketch has been prepared based on the description provided by the victim, they said.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it