Seven-year-old raped in Goa school, headmistress detained
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A seven-year-old girl was raped at her school in the port town of Vasco, resulting in huge protests here last night. Police have detained the headmistress of the school on
charges of negligence.
The second grade student was sexually abused in the school toilet next to the office of the headmistress during recess yesterday, by an unidentified person, police said today. The incident came to light after the minor complained of pain and was referred for medical examination. Several parents and locals protested outside the school
last night questioning the negligence on the part of the school management. As the situation turned tense, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar visited the spot late last night
assuring stern action against the accused. We will not spare the accused and anyone involved in this crime," Parrikar said, following which police detained the headmistress. Police said the culprit is yet to be arrested. A sketch has been prepared based on the description provided by the victim, they said.
Incidentally, the school has been one of the well guarded institute with Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) personnel posted at the gate.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid