Severely injured, leopard recovers at Delhi Zoo
- Solar scam: Kerala CM Oommen Chandy moves High Court against vigilance court order
- Workplace complaints high with both SC, ST panels
- Bhubaneswar leads Govt’s Smart City list, Rs 50,802 crore to be invested over five years
- Dead whale washes ashore at Mumbai's Juhu beach
- Zika virus is 'spreading explosively', says UN health chief
Joint Director of the Delhi Zoo T C Nautiyal said: "She growls and tries to get up when someone goes close."
Around three years ago, Wildlife SOS had tried to capture another leopard, who was sighted in North Delhi. But the big cat was not found. In 2008, a leopard was caught in the Gurgaon after killing several animals in the area.
Shy and Elusive
Leopards are elusive, solitary and largely nocturnal
They are very agile and can run at over 58 kmph, leap over 20 feet horizontally and jump up to 10 feet vertically ó the wall that the Delhi leopard tried to leap over was at least 15-foot high
They are also very versatile and opportunistic hunters
They have a broad diet that includes rodents, reptiles, amphibians, insects and birds
Leopards are known for their ability in climbing and are powerful swimmers
- Does Masood's 'protective custody' reflect Pak army's new policy?
- Are we, the people of India, being used by terror?
- New political generation wants democratic socialism, and also economic security
- The Union budget needs to incentivise savings to rescue public sector banks.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph