Sex, Lies & Drugs
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Congress moves EC over Modi's roadshow in Varanasi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR lose two in a hurry against RCB
Dum Maaro Dum is a fast paced chor-police chase, say its makers
There are multiple hazards to a press conference, especially when one is expecting stars from B Town, er, the Hindi Film Industry, Abhishek Bachchan is quick to cut in and correct us. "It's the Hindi Film Industry, and as of this moment, we are christening it Hi Fi," he takes over the mike at the Dum Maaro Dum press conference held at PVR Cinema, Central Mall here today.
Speaking of which, the side effects are friends, family, crazy fans in the audience and at the centre of it a star in a clearly not so great mood. Starring southern star Rana Daggubati and director Rohan Sippy, this press meet had Bachchan Junior as the official spokesperson in a rather defensive mode, fielding each and every question thrown at the three.
Sample this: Moot the topic of his string of flops and a negative article in a certain national magazine and the actor retorts, "it does have a huge effect" it kills the confidence, it's embarrassing and degrading, but it makes me strike back too. Also, every five years some magazine or the other writes off a star, before me, they did the same to Hrithik Roshan, and we prove them wrong all the time.
Talk about the song dum maaro dum in its remixed avatar with loud lyrics, and Bachchan jumps in with a "it's not a remix. The song uses just the main lines and the rest is written by Jaideep Sahni with music by Pritam. It went with the feel of the film, the rave, the aggression, the attitude we wanted to portray, and there is nothing offensive about it. There are 1.2 billion people in the country, you can't expect everybody to like it," shoots Bachchan Junior.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling