Sexual assault case: Court extends Tarun Tejpal's judicial custody by 10 days
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: One more disaster under his watch, Navy Chief Admiral D K Joshi resigns
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Jayanthi scuttled, Moily clears GM crop trials
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
- âNo one heard my side of story, I decided to go with familyâ
A Goa court on Saturday extended the judicial custody of Tehelka magazine founder Tarun Tejpal by 10 days. The beleaguered editor Tejpal has been accused of sexual assaulting a fellow woman journalist.
A woman journalist, employed with Tehelka, had accused Tejpal of sexually assaulting her twice on November 7 and 8 in Goa. Tejpal has been booked under Section 354A (outraging the modesty of a woman) and 376 (2)(K) (custodial rape) of IPC.
The Goa Crime Branch also booked him under additional charges of wrongful restraint and wrongful confinement, covered by Sections 341 and 342 of the IPC.
Tejpal has also been booked under Section 376 (2) (f) of The Criminal Law ( Amendment) Act, applicable in circumstances where the rape has been committed by a person "being a relative, guardian, or teacher or in a position of trust" towards the victim.
Tejpal has been in custody of Goa Police and is being interrogated. The victim has already told police in her statement that Tejpal had lured her into the elevator on two occasions against her wish. The CCTV footage has been sourced from outside the lift.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight