Sexual assault case: Narayan Sai's police custody extended till December 18
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A magistrate's court here on Friday extended the police custody of Asaram Bapu's son Narayan Sai till December 18 in a rape case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Jatin Thakkar extended Sai's police custody by five days as police said Sai's associates had tried to bribe authorities to dilute the case against him.
Public Prosecutor Nayan Sukhadwala submitted further custody was required to find out how he had conspired to bribe police, doctors and judicial officers to weaken his case. Police have detained six people, including a police sub-inspector, in this connection.
Police also sought Sai's remand to question him about the cellphones, pen drives and SIM cards recovered during the investigation so far.
Advocate Sukhadwala told the court that Sai was not cooperating. He also said police would like to take Sai to Ludhiana where he was hiding before eventual arrest.
He, however, did not seek further remand of Sai's aide Kaushal Thakur alias Hanuman. The court sent him in judicial custody.
Sai and two of his aides were arrested by Delhi Police on December 3 from Delhi-Haryana border.
Two Surat-based sisters have accused Sai and his father and controversial godman Asaram Bapu of rape. The elder sister has levelled allegations against Asaram and the younger sister has levelled allegations against the son.
Asaram (72) is currently in a Jodhpur jail after being arrested in September for allegedly sexually assaulting a minor girl at his ashram there..
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry