Sexual Assault case: Who sent the minor girl to Jodhpur gurukul?
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A police team from Jodhpur, camping in Chhindwara in connection with the charge of sexual abuse against controversial self styled godman Asaram Bapu, has been investigating various angles of the case including who sent the minor girl was to Jodhpur ashram.
The 16-year-old was studying at Asaram's Chhindwara gurukul before she was sent to Jodhpur ashram where the alleged incident took place, police said on Monday.
The police team comprising Inspector of Dakia Bagh (Jodhpur west) Police Station, Satyaprakash and Women's Cell In-charge, Mukta Parikh arrived on SUnday to probe the case, specially who sent the 16-year-old to Jodhpur ashram.
They are also verifying aspects like duration of the girl's stay in Chhindwara gurukul, her behaviour with other inmates, the type of ailment she was reportedly suffering from and why she was singled out while others were given medical care, sources said.
The team is also questioning the manager of Chhindwara gurukul, hostel warden and the main caretaker of Asaram, who was present at Manai ashram with the self-styled godman on August 15, when the alleged sexual assault took place there.
The minor girl's brother, a class X student, was also interrogated and later handed over to his parents, sources said, adding her father is also accompanying the team.
Asaram, who was booked for allegedly sexually abusing the teenager in a Jodhpur ashram, arrived in Indore on Saturday for spending time in 'solitude'. His spokesman has denied the charges.
Meanwhile, activists of Dharamyuddh Sena burnt an effigy of the spiritual guru in protest while members of the Gondwana Gantantra Party have submitted a memorandum to the district administration seeking closure of Asaram's ashram in Chhindwara.
Asaram has been booked under sections 376, 342, 506 and 509 of the IPC, section 8 of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO) and sections 23 and 26 of the Juvenile Justice Act.
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express
- Nido Taniamâ€™s death: Rahul Gandhi meets Sushilkumar Shinde, questions â€˜delayâ€™ in policeÂ action