Sexual assault charges against Madan Mitra’s ex-aide
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A woman has filed a complaint with Garfa police station in south suburban Kolkata alleging sexual assault and cheating against Bapi Karim, the former confidential assistant of Sports and Transport Minister Madan Mitra.
According to sources in police, the woman has complained that she was married to Karim last year who cheated on him by hiding his first marriage. Since then, he sexually assaulted the victim and also duped her of Rs 60 lakh, the complaint said. Bapi Karim is the brother of Bablu Karim, a senior leader of youth wing of the Trinamool Congress.
The woman, who made a confidential statement under section 164 of CrPC before an Alipore SDJM court, alleged that Karim had stayed with her for two years promising to marry her, but did not honour the promise.
She claimed that Karim had emotionally blackmailed her into giving away the money with which she claimed he had bought a luxury SUV and land.
Mitra admitted that Karim worked as his CA last year. "However, after receiving some complaints against him, I had sacked him. I also issued a written order in November, 2011 saying that he is not anymore required in my office. I do not have any political and official connection to him. The law will take its own course," said Mitra.
Karim is currently absconding, said a senior police official.