Sexual harassment: AIR asked to modify evaluation system
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A panel looking into complaints of sexual harassment at AIR FM Gold radio station has recommended that the channel should modify its evaluation system and engage independent experts for assessing performances of casual announcers and artists to avoid favouritism.
A three-member committee headed by a joint secretary was constituted earlier this month by the Information and Broadcasting ministry to look into allegations of sexual harassment at workplace made by some news presenters at FM Gold channel.
Sources said the committee has in its report submitted to I&B minister Manish Tewari suggested changes in the system under which evaluation of casual staff is carried out.
Officials said that while at present there is a largely in-house system to evaluate casual staff, the committee felt that independent, outside evaluators would remove doubts of favouritism and ensure fairness and transparency.
The committee is also learnt to have suggested for the use of biometric system so that the timings of the causal performers are scientifically monitored.
The panel is also learnt to have suggested that a proper system should be in place to resolve any issue of pick up and drop provided to casual workers.
The Committee was constituted following media reports of alleged sexual harassment at FM Gold AIR.
The committee looked into certain specific allegations and also into issues relating to safety at workplace of women employees working in FM Gold channel.
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase