Sexually harassed, 16-yr-old kills self
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
A class X student died on Tuesday because of consuming sulphas tablets on Monday after five teenage boys allegedly made an attempt to rape her. They had also allegedly clicked a photo of her on a cellphone, threatening to circulate it on social networking sites, in Jaswant Nagar area of Etawah district.
Jaswant Nagar SHO Ram Murti Singh Yadav said that they have registered a case against the five boys, who reportedly are minors, under various sections of IPC including attempt to rape, molestation and abettment to suicide, on a complaint by the girl's father.
Yadav said the victim's father, a resident of Yadav Nagar locality, alleged in the complaint that on Monday his 16-year-old daughter was going to her tuition class when five boys molested her and even attempted to rape her.