Sexually harassed, 16-yr-old kills self
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
A class X student died on Tuesday because of consuming sulphas tablets on Monday after five teenage boys allegedly made an attempt to rape her. They had also allegedly clicked a photo of her on a cellphone, threatening to circulate it on social networking sites, in Jaswant Nagar area of Etawah district.
Jaswant Nagar SHO Ram Murti Singh Yadav said that they have registered a case against the five boys, who reportedly are minors, under various sections of IPC including attempt to rape, molestation and abettment to suicide, on a complaint by the girl's father.
Yadav said the victim's father, a resident of Yadav Nagar locality, alleged in the complaint that on Monday his 16-year-old daughter was going to her tuition class when five boys molested her and even attempted to rape her.