Sexually harassed, 16-yr-old kills self
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A class X student died on Tuesday because of consuming sulphas tablets on Monday after five teenage boys allegedly made an attempt to rape her. They had also allegedly clicked a photo of her on a cellphone, threatening to circulate it on social networking sites, in Jaswant Nagar area of Etawah district.
Jaswant Nagar SHO Ram Murti Singh Yadav said that they have registered a case against the five boys, who reportedly are minors, under various sections of IPC including attempt to rape, molestation and abettment to suicide, on a complaint by the girl's father.
Yadav said the victim's father, a resident of Yadav Nagar locality, alleged in the complaint that on Monday his 16-year-old daughter was going to her tuition class when five boys molested her and even attempted to rape her.