SGGS Chandigarh spikers claim title
- Srinagar: Militants shoot dead 3 policemen in two separate attacks
- Tamil Nadu: Jaya sworn in as Chief Minister for consecutive second term
- India's RLV-TD launch: All you need to know about the reusable space shuttle
- Trade, transit links on table, but Pakistan will be back of mind for both India, Iran
- Kerala: Jawan found dead with gunshot wounds at naval base in Kochi
SGGS College of Chandigarh claimed the Inter College volleyball (Men) A-Division tournament by beating SGGS Khalsa College, Mahilpur, 25-21, 25-22, 25-14, in their last match. For the third position, DM College Moga beat SCD Government College, Ludhiana, 20-25, 25-23, 23-25, 25-12, 15-13. GGD SD College, Sector 32, Chandigarh defeated GN Khalsa College for (W), Ludhiana, 3-2, in the final to win the Panjab University Inter College table tennis (Women) A-Division tournament held at PU Gymnasium Hall on Wednesday. AS College for Women, Khanna thrashed PU Campus, Chandigarh, 3-0, to finish third.
Results: Final: GGD SD College, Chandigarh bt GN Kh. College for (W), Ldh 3-2 (Naina bt Nirdosh 16-18, 13-11, 11-6, 11-9, Kalyani bt Kritika 11-8, 11-7, 11-4, Noor Paul lost to Bhumika 3-11, 2-11, 3-11, Kalyani lost to Nirdosh 8-11, 14-16, 11-9, 6-11, Naina bt Kritika 11-2, 15-12).
MDAV School-22 emerge champion
Chandigarh : MDAV School, Sector 22 claimed the title in the boys' category with a six-point win over Government Model High School, Sector 41 on the concluding day of the Third Luxmi Arya Memorial kho-kho championship. Vidhya Niketan Senior Secondary School, Mohali bagged the third spot. In the girls' category, Government High School, Sector 35 won the title with a five-point win over Government Model High School, Sector 37. Dev Samaj School, Sector 21 secured the third spot.
Chd civil services team tennis trials on Nov 24
Chandigarh: The Chandigarh Sports Department will conduct trials to select the Chandigarh Civil Services lawn tennis team on November 24 at the Lake Sports Complex courts at 3 pm. All the full-fledged Departments of Chandigarh Administration (UT) are eligible to take part in the trials. All the participants should carry individual identity cards for verification of eligibility criteria. The selected team will represent Chandigarh Civil Services team in the All India Civil Services Lawn Tennis Tournament to be held from December 10 to 14 at Bhopal.
- Chabahar test: An opportunity to India?
- CJI points to judicial backlog, but judiciary must identify root cause
- How a Left in Kerala wasn't right in West Bengal
- Why India-US military cooperation doesn't include northern Arabian Sea, Persian Gulf
- Victory for populism
- Neither BJP nor Congress have a truly national footprint today