SGX Nifty gains, pharma stocks in focus
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rise 0.21 per cent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan is also up 0.4 per cent.
* Asian shares ambled higher on Friday and were on course for a weekly gain of more than 2 per cent, their best in two months, after manufacturing surveys from China and the United States raised hopes that the global growth outlook is improving at last.
* Foreign investors bought Rs 1.83 billion, while Domestic institutions sold Rs 1.64 billion of stocks on Thursday when the BSE index rose 0.31 per cent.
* Pharmaceutical shares will be in focus, as India approved a new drug pricing policy designed to increase the number of drugs deemed essential that are subject to price caps, two ministers told reporters.
* India's cabinet approved on Thursday a 9.5 per cent government stake sale in state-run power producer NTPC Ltd, a minister told reporters, to help rein in its ballooning fiscal deficit.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating