- Pakistan: Twin blasts near Charsadda court, four dead, several feared injured
- Panama Papers: ED widens probe, issues advisories to 137 Indians
- FIR names A P Singh: CBI to probe its second director for corruption
- Same-sex attraction is OK, boys can cry, girl’s no means no
- Interview with Devendra Fadnavis: ‘Transparency to remain non-negotiable in Sena-BJP alliance after polls’
SRK packed a punch with witty one-liners at the Awards night
While star performances were a major source of delight at the 19th Annual Colors Screen Awards, it was SRK who made the evening extra special. As the chief host of the night, he was at his wittiest best, and entertained his fans and the audience. While acknowledging the celebrities for their achievements, SRK beckoned the stars on the stage as he played the 'tribute act' with his eclectic sense of humour.
Even as he congratulated singer Mika Singh for having an amazing number of hits last year, he tried to cheat the audience by doing the lip-sync of the Pungi song (Agent Vinod) on stage!
The next celeb to become a prey to the superstar's wit was his Om Shanti Om co-star, Deepika Padukone. The actress was at the receiving end of his jokes when he asked in jest about the weather above—an obvious reference to her height. The sultry actress took the jibe in her stride and taught SRK her signature Cocktail steps.
The superstar also interacted with other celebrities. He invited his Don co-star Priyanka Chopra on stage. Chopra posed as Jhilmil, her autistic character from Barfi! and complained that Barfi did not know how to romance. He had the audience in splits when he started teaching Jhilmil how to romance Barfi (played by Ranbir Kapoor). It was when he was trying to teach Jhilmil how to kiss, that he received a peck on his cheek for his effort.
The show stealer of the act, however was Ranbir Kapoor who showed his admiration for Khan and acknowledged his immense contribution to the industry. He along with his Barfi! co-star, Priyanka Chopra strummed the tune of the actor's song, Challa (Jab Tak Hain Jaan) on the guitar.
- Pakistan is the site of conflict between two understandings of Islam. Let the music not fade
- Maharashtra civic polls underline the disconnect between urban governance and citizen
- India should resist the temptation of ideological correctness in engaging with Trump
- Digital education isn’t democratic, it creates deep inequalities between universities
- It is in India’s strategic interest to engage Afghan insurgents
- Trump’s America is a latecomer. It has much to learn from Vishwaguru India