Shah Rukh Khan conferred with Morocco's Medal of Honour
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR manage 150/7 against RCB
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has been given the prestigious Medal of Honour by the Prince of Morocco while attending the 12th Marrakech International Film Festival.
The 47-year-old actor posted a photo of himself with the medal on Twitter.
"Thanks for the honour and happiness. All the best for the rest of the festival," Shah Rukh tweeted alongside the photo.
"Thanks everyone for the wishes from Morocco. His Highness the King and the Prince were so gracious with their hospitality and the function," he added.
The festival, which kick-started on November 30, paid a tribute to the 100 years of Indian cinema and a number of Bollywood stars including megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Sridevi, Sharmila Tagore and Tabu were in attendance.
Bachchan has also been conferred with the Medal of Honour by Morocco's King Mohammed a few years ago.
This is second time in a row that Big B has been to the festival. He last visited the country in 2003.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling