Shah Rukh Khan conferred with Morocco's Medal of Honour
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan has been given the prestigious Medal of Honour by the Prince of Morocco while attending the 12th Marrakech International Film Festival.
The 47-year-old actor posted a photo of himself with the medal on Twitter.
"Thanks for the honour and happiness. All the best for the rest of the festival," Shah Rukh tweeted alongside the photo.
"Thanks everyone for the wishes from Morocco. His Highness the King and the Prince were so gracious with their hospitality and the function," he added.
The festival, which kick-started on November 30, paid a tribute to the 100 years of Indian cinema and a number of Bollywood stars including megastar Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Sridevi, Sharmila Tagore and Tabu were in attendance.
Bachchan has also been conferred with the Medal of Honour by Morocco's King Mohammed a few years ago.
This is second time in a row that Big B has been to the festival. He last visited the country in 2003.