Shah Rukh Khan declares he is big fan of Mamata Banerjee
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Impressed with the leadership qualities of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan says he is a big fan of hers.
"It is highly commendable the way she leads. I a big fan of hers," said the Bollywood badshah, who was here for the inauguration of Kolkata Film Festival and to promote 'Jab Tak Hain Jan' produced by the late Yash Chopra.
"She is a firebrand leader, she takes a lot of initiative in doing things. That is her leadership style. In our country for a lady it is doubly difficult to be so outgoing," Khan, 47, who is also West Bengal's brand ambassador, said.
Asked about the investment scenario in the state, he said there are many positive things about West Bengal, but it took time put things together.
"At certain times it takes time to put things together. Bengal has a certain brand value which should rise to new levels which we will all be proud of," Khan said,
SRK said the Kolkata Film festival is very special since Amitabh Bacchan and Mithun Chakraborty are also present.
"It makes it all the more special," he added.
The superstar said had Yash Chopra not passed away he had planned to premiere 'Jab Tak Hain Jan' at the KFF.