Shah Rukh Khan declares he is big fan of Mamata Banerjee
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Impressed with the leadership qualities of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan says he is a big fan of hers.
"It is highly commendable the way she leads. I a big fan of hers," said the Bollywood badshah, who was here for the inauguration of Kolkata Film Festival and to promote 'Jab Tak Hain Jan' produced by the late Yash Chopra.
"She is a firebrand leader, she takes a lot of initiative in doing things. That is her leadership style. In our country for a lady it is doubly difficult to be so outgoing," Khan, 47, who is also West Bengal's brand ambassador, said.
Asked about the investment scenario in the state, he said there are many positive things about West Bengal, but it took time put things together.
"At certain times it takes time to put things together. Bengal has a certain brand value which should rise to new levels which we will all be proud of," Khan said,
SRK said the Kolkata Film festival is very special since Amitabh Bacchan and Mithun Chakraborty are also present.
"It makes it all the more special," he added.
The superstar said had Yash Chopra not passed away he had planned to premiere 'Jab Tak Hain Jan' at the KFF.